Senior Electrical Design Engineer (161jc)
Senior Electrical Design Engineer (161jc) – Dyce, Aberdeen – up to £65k + Excellent Benefits
My client, who is a specialist waste management company, are now seeking to recruit an experienced Electrician to join their expanding team.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
You will be reporting to the Design Engineering Manager and be working as part of a team to support the Product Development department, via direct or indirect involvement, in various design activities to support the company.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop designs from concept through to finished product in line with design request and equipment technical specification as well as provide design engineering support to the business.
- Communicate with staff and external parties on the application of any; electrical, electronic, and programmable hardware, firmware, and software.
- Communicate group activities on the: specification, adherence, supply, control, and consumption of electrical energy.
- Communicate and advise on the safe use of electrical energy to enable the manufacture and testing of assets along with its connection, disconnection and consumption across all Projects and Operations.
- Creating quality designs, drawings, calculations and supporting documents in line with design request requirements.
- Determine the availability of assets and assemblies based on their electrical: certification, condition of repair, allocation, and operation.
- Responsible for leading, attending and contributing during engineering design reviews and assist in the evaluation of product viability.
- Support engineering cost and delivery estimates for proposing development of new technology.
- Ensure project progress is sufficiently communicated to Design Engineering Manager and key project stakeholders.
- Undertake role of lead electrical design engineer on company projects.
- Check and approval of technical documents associated with design development.
- Actively promote a positive team working environment within the Product Development and interfacing departments.
- Provide support / assistance in the process of assembly and testing of new products and to ensure business and design development engineering processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for writing technical documents and specifications for new and existing products and supporting handover of new technology / equipment to Product Line Department.
- Providing guidance & mentoring to less experienced members of the team.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in relevant field (Electrical Engineering) (e)
- BOSIET and MIST (d)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards (d)
- Engineering experience in electrical / mechanical equipment design and manufacture (e)
- Design development of new products / technology(e)
- Experience with fast paced project delivery (e)
- Providing engineering solutions to design problems (e)
- 2D CAD Systems (e)
- Experience working in Oil and Gas Industry (d)
- Experience with drilling, solids control or drilling fluids areas (d)
- AutoCAD (d)
- 3D CAD systems (d)
- Knowledge and expertise in Electrical Design Engineering (e)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e)
- Proficient in hand calculations for verification of design suitability (e)
- Prioritising conflicting workloads (e)
- Working to tight deadlines (e)
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure (e)
- Experience with design and testing of new technology (e)
- Driving Licence (e)
- Good team player with sound interpersonal skills (d)
- Autodesk Inventor (d)
- Hands on experience with assembly and testing of new technology (d)
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a strong understanding of Electrical design and who is looking to progress their career going forwards.
I return they are offering a good starting salary as well as international and or offshore daily rate, with a 37 ½ hr week. Other benefits will include Pension with up to 5% matched contribution, medical insurance, 33 days holiday, cycle to work, as well as a host of other benefits.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk