Product Owner, Information Security (148lw) – Hybrid (Midlands/Remote)
Product Owner, Information Security (148lw) – Hybrid (Midlands/Remote) - £60,000-£75,000k (subject to experience)
An excellent opportunity to work for a company on an exciting growth trajectory! The environment is entrepreneurial; has a friendly & dynamic team with incredibly interesting, innovative projects & customers and offering leading edge solutions. You will have the opportunity to thrive, work autonomously, continuously learn, be challenged & importantly acknowledged & rewarded for your contributions, within a collaborative team invested in your growth & development.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Our client is a well-established business that has been successful in the High Assurance cyber security market since 1992. Their secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe, in Government, Defence and Critical National Infrastructure. When their customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters. Their success in the security and defence niche has been built on their ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also, being as good as the very best as an organisation. So, although small, they are well respected in the industry; and more than capable of holding their own amongst the best in the industry.
The role will require as a minimum, qualifications in Agile, and some experience in Agile based projects/programmes. Ideally at least a year’s commercial experience as a Product Owner. Need to understand how the Scrum model works and Agile.
Purpose of Job
The Product Owner is also accountable for effective Product Backlog management, which includes:
Developing and explicitly communicating the Product Goal; Creating and clearly communicating Product Backlog items; Ordering Product Backlog items; and, Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood. This is a customer facing role.
• Experience as a product owner and ideally experience with secure information exchange and/or cloud technologies.
• Ideally has worked within the Defence, Government, Security and Law Enforcement markets or the ability to develop that knowledge quickly
• Knowledge of the type or solution and services within portfolio or the ability to develop that knowledge quickly
• Good interpersonal skills to develop productive relationships both internally and externally
• Good presentation and communication skills for business/technology and senior leader/engineer audiences
• Has or is able to be SC security cleared
• Act as a Scrum Product Owner for Agile team(s) working on the product(s)
• Developing and explicitly communicating the Product Goal for the teams using their Portfolio knowledge
• Creating, clearly communicating, and managing Product Backlog items
• Ordering/prioritising Product Backlog items;
• Agreeing Sprint goal(s) with the team(s)
• Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible, and understood, to the team(s) and to Portfolio
• Support the team(s) with their product related queries during Scrum Sprints
• Attend Sprint reviews and report on progress made during the sprint
• Produce, agree and communicate quarterly product delivery plans and costs to Portfolio Manager
• Support the portfolio manager to create a coherent Portfolio view based on product level input
• Deliver the product lifecycle and plan against the goals of market and product planning, and complementing Nexor's services portfolio, with services driving product updates and vice versa.
• Establish competitive product KPIs and report
• Champion the product alongside the portfolio manager
• Contribute to clear, engaging product collateral content to update the market on latest developments, use cases, etc.
• From time to time, author collateral pieces helping to advocate one or more products.
• Maintain product area for each product on the Portfolio Hub on SharePoint
• Present the product with benefits, use cases to customers, and gather and apply their feedback.
• Help gather product feedback from customers, prospects, Market, and apply to prioritisation of the backlog to maximise return on investment.
• Explore, share and apply market learning (customers, authorities, competitors, partners, suppliers) as part of the marketing community
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a note outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to [email protected]