HGV/LGV Technician (155jc) – Wallingford, Oxfordshire
HGV/LGV Technician (155jc) – Wallingford, Oxfordshire – circa £45k + Benefits
My client is now seeking to recruit several HGV/LGV Technicians to join their busy team just outside of Wallingford.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
You will be reporting to the Workshop Manager and your role will be to carry out high quality, reliable and cost-effective vehicle maintenance service to provide the best possible vehicle availability and reduce vehicle downtime. Carrying out repairs, inspections, and MOTs on a varied fleet of company vehicles to a high standard in accordance with relative manufacturers and legislative guidelines.
Therefore, your key duties will include:
• Carry out vehicle inspections and repairs, including manufacturer warranty repairs and services, in a timely manner and against agreed deadlines in accordance with supplier and Ministry standards.
• Prepare and submit LGV vehicles for annual MOT inspections.
• Undertake fault diagnosis, repair, and report mechanical defects on hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment.
• Work in a safe and clean manner at all times.
• Compliance with Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Risk Assessments.
• Provide a high level of support and guidance to apprentice technicians.
• Provide roadside assistance where safe to do so, to broken-down vehicles.
• Flexibility in working hours and occasional cover at other sites may be required to meet business and depot needs.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• City & Guilds HGV Parts 1, 2 & 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent, with suitable and relevant vehicle knowledge and experience. Alternatively, 10 years’ experience working on LGVs.
• Ideally, hold a current LGV licence (Class 2 minimum) and digital tachograph card, with a good understanding of tachograph system.
• Ideally have completed 35 hours’ driver CPC and hold a valid driver CPC card.
• Good understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrics, with strong practical and fitting skills on mechanical and technical equipment.
• Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of current relevant health & safety legislation.
The ideal candidate would probably be an ex REME or RAF Vehicle Mechanic with experience working on LGV vehicles that my client operates as part of its own fleet of vehicles.
You will be working a shift pattern, which is an average of 45 hrs per week, with 1st week, 05.30 to 14.30 and 2nd week, 08.30 to 17.30 and alternate Saturdays 05.30 to 10.30.
In return they are offering a good starting salary of just over £45k, and a benefits package which includes discretionary company bonuses, company pension where the client will match your contribution up to 5% and life insurance, 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays, with the option to purchase more holiday, reward and discount shopping scheme as well as a raft of wellbeing benefits which include, cycle to work, discounted gyms among others.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk